Cooking with Full Spectrum Oil is easy and it can be incorporated into most family recipes. Persimmon jam can be eaten with sweet or savory dishes, walnuts, apples, or just about anything on your holiday table.
She recently left this world but her Cuban recipes are timeless.
• ¼ cup lemon juice
• 1 cup brown sugar
• ¼ cup infused local honey
• 6 large (very ripe) Hachiya persimmons
Cook the ripe persimmons with the sugar and lemon juice for 20 minutes uncovered on medium to low heat and stir occasionally. Let that cool for about 20 - 30 minutes.
1. Puree the persimmons in a blender and return to the pot, let it sit while you make the infused honey.
2. In another saucepan on very low heat, warm the honey for about 5-10 min.
3. Remove honey from heat and add the FSO into the honey and mix well.
4. Add the honey to the persimmon jam and mix well.
5. Let the jam cool and store in an airtight container of your choice.
To figure out dosing use # of total milligrams added/ # of servings.
Mixing in the Bird Valley Full Spectrum Oil into the warm honey